Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fashion spotlight: nakamol jewelry

 
My new recent fashion obsession is beaded statement necklaces- it makes everything look a little more special, if you will. I was shopping at my local TJ Maxx and came across a gorgeous piece of jewelry (not pictured) and I read the name on the tag was Nakamol.... that name sounded very familiar to me. And I remembered, 3+ years ago I used to manage a boutique in the heart of downtown Los Gatos, Ca- I loved it. This was my dream job until I decided to make a move to better my education, while I worked there I would help the owner buy for the store. We came across Nakamol years ago and bought their leather and beaded wrap bracelets (pictured above), if you remember those were and still are a huge fashion staple. But a few years ago the Chan Luu Wrap bracelets were the "it" thing to buy at a pretty penny ranging from $100- $300 to check out Chan Luu click here. In an attempt to stay up to date in fashion at a lower cost Nakamol came into the picture- and their bracelets are gorgeous, in the picture above I have included pictures of some of my favorite pieces- you can order directly from Nakamol here or if you have a local Nordstrom they also have their jewelry there.


 
Now, back to my killer find- I am so glad I found my necklace at TJ Maxx, it is similar to the one above  (retails at $40) but I couldn't get the best picture of it in my lighting so found a sort of dupe. The best part of my shopping excursion is that my necklace retailed for $50 and I got it for $24.99.... and that my mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift:) Thanks Mom!
 
 The necklace I have inspired my OOTD (outfit of the day) - you can find a similar houndstooth jacket here. I plan on keeping Nakamol on my favorites  list so I can get more gorgeous finds! So glad I lucked back into finding this brand at my local TJ Maxx.
 
I chose this outfit because it wasn't the traditional matchy-matchy I would normally do, I am stepping out of the "normal" and trying to find something that would highlight the necklace and in my humble opinion it did just that. I think when things get to similar you lose the statement, if I wore a burgundy necklace it would have been lost in the tank top. My rule is I find what I want to highlight and form the outfit around that. Most days I highlight a necklace, I have so many and it dresses up a plain or solid colored outfit.
 
I think we tend to stray away from things we think people will judge, but you can't judge fashion- if you like it wear it. I find that I get the most compliments on my looks when I go out of my comfort zone.
 
Houndstooth is probably my favorite thing to wear, its so classy and chic- paired with this gorgeous necklace I felt like a glamazon and wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment