Monday, January 5, 2015

The battle of the poreless primers


For many makeup wear-ers out there, finding a primer to make your pores smaller and makeup last longer is a toughy. You have to find something that works with your skin. 


I was gifted my Tarte poreless primer by my sister, the retail price at Ulta is $30 and I have to say I am loving it right now. 

My skin is normal to dry, and this works great! 

For people with a little more oil to their skin, this product is really hit or miss. I fknd that on days it's hotter, or when my skin is oily for whatever reason in the summer that I don't love poreless primers. It sits on top of the oil instead of covering the face as it should. 


In this case since it is winter I have no complaints with Tarte other than the price. Don't get me wrong $30 for a great primer that lasts forever is a great deal. But for those of us that want a cheaper price point I tried NYX pore filler for $13 at ulta. 

After I washed my face this morning and moisturizer as I normally would, I applied Tarte to the left side of my face and nyx to the right side. 

Tarte felt a little creamier as I put it on and is a clear color with a thick consistence. NYX was a nude color with a thinner consistency. 

After I let them set,  they both have a velvet finish and my makeup went on smoothly.

After 6 hours of wear, I can say both have stayed on well. It's cold in the office though so that may play a part. 
 
8 hours into the day you could see a little creasing on the NYX side- Tarte is still as I applied this morning.

Over all the only place that needs touching up is my chin and side of my nose on the NYX side but that's minor. I think that on a scale of keeping makeup on its doing a great job. 

Side note- I had used NYX a couple days prior and used too much. And my makeup just slid off of it. The trick is to not over do it. A little bit does do the trick so even if you think it's not enough put some on and see if you need more. Your face shouldn't be a velvet slick- but instead just soft as velvet. 


I am so in love with my Tarte poreless i has been saving for days that I can get glammed up and not on a workday when I look more plain Jane. I would recommend NYX pore filler for those that need a primer. 

I also paired this makeup with the NYX finishing Mineral powder and matte spray and can proudly say I am impressed with the product and would buy again. 

⭐️⭐️⭐️Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment