Friday, January 9, 2015

Making a Winter Statement

According to my holy grail, AKA Instyle Magazine, Statement coats are being seen on the runway for winter fashion.

It put a HUGE smile on my face because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE winter fashion- there is something about bundling and being comfortable, yet fashionable the warms the cockles of my heart.

For the link to the instyle page look here.

Diane Von Furstenberg Isabelle coatThey featured an amazing Diane Von Furstenburg coat had me in awe.. but the price had me in tears- a budget breaking $2,000. Which is great for the splurgers out there, but for humble me- that is a month's rent.

I went on the hunt to find something similar that would make me and  my bank account happy!

A little defeated, I found that getting a beaded winter coat for under $100 was nearly impossible.

Instead I went to google and found this great ASOS coat for the much more feasible price, but didn't warm the heart like DVF did.





Image 3 of ASOS BLACK Embellished Bomber Jacket
That coat is picture here.

A little defeated I couldn't find exactly what I wanted... I went to my closet for some inspiration.

Low and behold I did not find a DVF look alike, but I did find a statement jacket.

One that I had worn maybe twice in the two years I have owned it ever.


My coat, no longer available is from Lucy Love, you can order items directly from their site here or here.


I found a similar coat for around the price I pair $70 from Isaac Mizrahi and that can be found here

What I love about Damask print, is that it is so universally classic. The black and white makes it so that your not straying to far away from the norm if your new to wearing prints.
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Damask Jacquard Sweater Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment