Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter Lipstick Swatches

Like most working women during the week getting up and getting ready is similar to the opening scene in "The Devil Wears Prada"... and no, I don't mean the gorgeous models who have time to match underwear and bra and count their almonds as they put on gorgeous shoes. Most women relate to the Andy Sachs character- we barely have time to dry our hair let alone look incredible.

I usually set an alarm for  6 AM  a good 40 minutes before I leave for work and  wait until about 6:15 before I roll out of bed. By the time my face is washed and teeth are brushed I am already running late.

I tend to stray away from too much makeup at the office- this is a personal choice, some women rock the red lips, while others rock the smokey eye. In my office though, I follow the routine look of the other women and keep my makeup minimal. Which hurts the heart a little as I get ready and leave all my makeup to the way side that I love so much.

That's why when I get the chance, on the weekends, I love experimenting with my look- I am absolutely loving trying new lip colors!

They can make the whole look come together and it is effortless, timeless and chic if done correctly.

I don't follow skin tones and color palettes that are suitable for them. I think everyone has the right to wear any lip color they want- I do!

Winter I usually stick to deeper colors and if I do venture out to the "brights" they are in the red to orange and magenta to purple colors.

Below I have posted some of my favorite winter lip colors. All drug store buys ranging from $1.99-7.99

Just remember, these are MY personal favorites- by all means wear whatever color your heart desires. Makeup is meant to be fun, no rules here!

From left to right 
NYX- simply vamp - enamored 
NYX- Copenhagen 
Maybelline-divine wine 
NYX- castle 
NYX-macaron-violet
Revlon-mauvynight 

From left to right 
Maybelline- espresso exposed
NYX- san Paulo
Wet n wild- cherry picking 
NYX- indie flick 
J cat lip paint- much mucher
J cat lip paint- 2nd impossible thing 



No comments:

Post a Comment